This article describes how to configure retention policies in the online backup manager.
How to configure Retention Policies
- In the Main Menu, click "Backup Sets"
- Choose the backup set you would like to configure the Retention for
- Click the "Show advanced settings"
- Click "Retention Policy"
- You can set up retention either by using the simple retention or add an advanced policy that can include daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly backups.
NOTE: Increasing retention will increase storage quota usage.
Our Recommendations are as follows:
* Simple Retention: 28 days
* Advanced: 28 Days and 3 Months
- To configure advanced retention change the option from Simple to Advanced.
- Press the + (plus) to add a new retention policy
- For a 28 day Retention policy do out the following:
* Fill in the Name of the retention Policy - Daily-1
* Leave type as - Daily
* Change "The past number of days on which different version of your files are retained" to - 28
- Press OK.
- To then add a 3 month retention policy, press the + (plus) again
* Change type to - Monthly
This will change the Name automatically to - Monthly-1
* Choose on what day of the month you would like the monthly to be retained.
Typically this is on the first day of the month
* Change "The number of months to repeat the above selection" to - 3
- Once done, your Retention Policy window will look like this and you are ready to press "Save"