This article describes how to install online backup manager.
How to configure a File Backup Set
- Open the KISOBM. You will see the main menu. Click the 'Backup Sets' tile
- Click '+' next to 'Add new backup set'
- Enter a name for your backup set and select 'File Backup' under 'Backup set type'
- In the backup source window click 'I would like to choose the files to backup' to access the advanced 'Backup source' dialogue, where you can browse and select files/folders on the PC/
Server. (You can also setup a filter here to exclude/include certain files)
- In the 'Advanced Backup Source' window, select the files/folders you want to backup.
If you want to back up selected files check the 'Show Files' box to display files in the right pane
- Select all the files and folders you wish to back up.
- Click ok when done. Click 'Next' in the Backup Source window to move on
- In the scheduler window, click the 'Add' button to add a new schedule.
- In the 'New backup Schedule' window enter a schedule name, type (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly custom) and a backup time. Leave 'Stop' to 'Until full backup completed'. (Unless the customer insists otherwise, but this should only be used in exceptional circumstances).
- Enable 'Run retention policy after backup' to enforce the retention policy immediately after backup. Click 'OK'
- Back in the schedule window, make sure the schedule is switched on. Then click 'Next'
- You will now come to the 'Destination' window.
You can change 'backup mode' to either sequential or concurrent but this will only matter if you select more than one destination.
- Click 'Add' and select ‘KISCBS’ to send data to KeepItSafe Cloud storage.
You can add a local destination, however it is recommended that you create a separate local backup if the customer requests a local backup.
- Click 'Next'
- In the OpenDirect window, leave the OpenDirect feature off, as this feature is not enabled on the CBS. Click 'Next'
- In the 'Encryption' window, switch 'Encrypt backup Data' to 'On'. You will have 3 options for encryption type::
-Default: a random key will be generated
-User Password: Encryption will be the same as password used to login to OBM
-Custom: You can enter a key of choice.
We recommend using 'user password' as it will be easier for a customer to remember one password/key.
It is the customer’s responsibility to remember or keep a secure record of this key. Without it you cannot restore any data.
- Click 'Next':
- You have the option of copying the encryption key to the clipboard. Click 'Confirm' when done.
- You have now successfully created the backup set. You have the option to run the backup by clicking 'Backup Now'
We recommend to click 'Close' for now to check retention policy.
See this guide: https://support.jungledisk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415523816987-KISOBM-How-to-configure-Retention-Policies