This guide is intended for Users & Administrators.
In Feburary of 2022 - We will be removing support for SHA-1 encryption for client/server communication that will prevent older versions of the Jungle Disk software from connecting.
In cryptography, SHA-1 (Secure Hash Algorithm 1) is a cryptographic hash function which takes an input and produces a hash value known as a message digest – typically rendered as a hexadecimal number, 40 digits long. It was designed by the United States National Security Agency, and is a U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard.
This change is in an effort to move forward with industry standards, ensuring the highest level of security, and usability for all of our customers.
Am I affected by this change?
You can check which version of the Jungle Disk software version you are running by visiting your Software Install Report from your control panel and identify your computer name.
You can also check by launching the Activity Monitor and following the steps below
1. On the Activity Monitor select "Help"
2. Select "About"
What do I need to do to avoid interruption to my service?
Existing software installations of Jungle Disk older than version
3.22.0 will need to be updated in order to maintain connectivity. Follow the appropriate steps below in order to update:
- Navigate to your Software Install Report from your Control Panel.
- Locate users running versions of the software OLDER than 3.22
- Instruct users running out of date versions of the software to download and install the latest version of the software.
Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) and Server Edition are available for download on our downloads page.
Latest release version: 3.33.0 - Jun 8, 2021 | View Release Notes
Supports Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) and higher.
- Select the the appropriate link above.
- Click “Save File” on the pop-up.
- If the install package doesn’t open on its own, check your browser’s downloads area for the .msi or .exe file and open it.
- A pop-up will appear. Click “Run”.
- The setup wizard will appear. Accept the End-User License Agreement, and select a drive to install the software on.
- Once the software is installed, a prompt to restart will appear. You must restart to continue setting up the software. The latest versions do not need a restart.
1. The first step is to download the Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) Application here.
NOTE: Desktop/Simply Backup are legacy software. Consider upgrading to Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) by following this guide. Our support team will also be able to assist with the upgrade if needed.
2. Once you download the .dmg file, fully close the Jungle Disk application. Then open the .dmg file and follow the prompts to install. If you already have Jungle Disk installed, be sure to allow the replacement of the existing version when prompted.
You should next see a prompt to install a helper tool. If prompted, enter your Mac credentials and click OK:
3. With the introduction of JungleFS, the application now installs a System Extension, which requires user permission to install. Users will need to allow the extension to be installed in order for Network Drives to be connected:
4. Followed by a prompt like this. Click OK and the Security Preferences should be open:
5. Another prompt will appear. Click OK:
6. On the Security Preferences, click the lock in the bottom left-hand corner of the window to allow changes to be made. You should be prompted to enter your Apple credentials to proceed. Next, click Allow next to "System software from developers "Jungle Disk, LLC" was blocked from loading.":
7. Close the Security Preferences and make sure you are in the Jungle Disk Activity Monitor.
8. Then use the Online Disk drop-down and choose Reconnect Network Drive. Success! Your Network Drive is mapped and you are on the latest version of Jungle Disk!
9. You may be presented with a HelloMismatch error and to resolve this, please restart the Jungle Disk service by following this guide.
If you have any issues updating, or more in-depth questions regarding encryption, feel free to contact support at +1 (888) 573-8649 or via email at email@example.com