Here is a walkthrough on settings up our latest version of the macOS client.
1. The first step is to download the Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) Application here.
Desktop/Simply Backup will need to go here and sign in to get the download.
NOTE: Desktop/Simply Backup are legacy software. Consider upgrading to Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) by following this guide. Our support team will also be able to assist with the upgrade if needed.
2. Once you download the .dmg file, fully close the Jungle Disk application. Then open the .dmg file and follow the prompts to install. If you already have Jungle Disk installed, be sure to allow the replacement of the existing version when prompted.
You should next see a prompt to install a helper tool. If prompted, enter your Mac credentials and click OK:
3. With the introduction of JungleFS, the application now installs a System Extension, which requires user permission to install. Users will need to allow the extension to be installed in order for Network Drives to be connected:
4. Followed by a prompt like this. Click OK and the Security Preferences should be open:
5. Another prompt will appear. Click OK:
6. On the Security Preferences, click the lock in the bottom left-hand corner of the window to allow changes to be made. You should be prompted to enter your Apple credentials to proceed. Next, click Allow next to "System software from developers "Jungle Disk, LLC" was blocked from loading.":
7. Close the Security Preferences and make sure you are in the Jungle Disk Activity Monitor.
8. Then use the Online Disk drop-down and choose Reconnect Network Drive. Success! Your Network Drive is mapped and you are on the latest version of Jungle Disk!
If you have issues or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1888-573-8649 Mon - Fri 8 AM - 5 PM CST. Thanks!