This guide will walk you through setting a static IP address on your Cloud Link device.
1. Download and install Java.
2. Download the “partner cl config tool v1.1 .zip” from MDS's site (link below).
3. Turn off the WiFi on your computer.
4. Hook up the Cloud Link device to your computer via the Ethernet port on your machine (the other end goes into the WAN port of the Cloud Link device).
5. On your computer, go to the Start menu and search for “Network and Sharing Center”. Open it, then click “Change Adapter Settings”. Find your Ethernet port here and double click it.
6. Click Internet Protocol Version 4, click Properties.
7. Set the IP address as 192.168.1.100. Set everything else as default. Hit OK.
8. Run the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded from MDS' site.
9. Hit Connect.
10. Change the IP, Subnet, and Gateway fields, then hit “configure”. After hitting "configure" the button should turn grey confirming the change. If you make a typo here, the device will have to be fully reset, so be careful!
11. You will be disconnected, and the device has been configured to that static IP.