This article will show you how to upgrade to Jungle Disk version 3.18 for Windows operating systems. This upgrade is only available for 64-bit systems. This will be a two-part upgrade; uninstall the old version, download/install the current version. These steps will need to be applied to each piece of the Jungle Disk server software (Server Edition and Server Edition Management Client).
The following will not affect your current backup settings nor data.
Step 1: Uninstalling the Current Version
You will need to remove the current Jungle Disk Server version. This is done within the Windows control panel.
- Go to Start > type Control Panel > hit Enter.
- If not currently selected, click the option shown in the "View by" area in the upper-right corner and select "Category."
- Click "Uninstall a program" from the Programs category.
- Find "Jungle Disk Server" in the list, select it, and then click Uninstall.
- Click "Yes" from the confirmation prompt to uninstall Jungle Disk Server Edition.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for Jungle Disk Server Edition Management.
Step 2: Download and Install Version 3.19
- From the downloads page click Jungle Disk Server Downloads and download both "64-bit Download" and "Client" packages by clicking the buttons in the "Windows" row.
- If automatically prompted, select Run to run the installer. If you're not prompted to run the downloaded package, go to your Downloads folder and double-click the freshly downloaded Jungle Disk package.
- Follow the prompts to complete the Jungle Disk Server Edition installation.
- Repeat steps 1-3 selecting Client for the download.
**Note, if you receive the error "Frontend software is an older version than running service" this indicates that the Jungle Disk Server Management has not been upgraded. Though running an older version of Jungle Disk Server Management is not harmful, you can avoid this message by ensuring that you have upgraded both pieces of software.**