Sometimes reinstalling Jungle Disk can help if you've been having unexplainable trouble with the Jungle Disk software or the Driver File Jungle Disk uses is being heavily interfered with or has become corrupted for some reason.
If you are receiving a "Syscall Error" in your Jungle Disk software, reinstalling may help with this as well.
This is a fairly lengthy walkthrough, so if you're simply seeing "Installation Ended Prematurely" in the installer during your initial installation on this computer, many of these steps would usually not be necessary for you. Please check out This Guide instead if you haven't gone through those steps already.
To do a complete reinstall, please try the following steps:
In Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features, find and uninstall Jungle Disk from here.
Delete the following file and folders:
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cbfs6.sys (if you are running version 3.16 or below, delete cbfs3.sys. If unable to delete, please try right clicking and renaming the file , then rebooting the computer and deleting the renamed version)
- C:\ProgramData\JungleDisk (the whole folder)
- C:\Program Files\Jungle Disk (the whole folder)
Note: The folders C:\ProgramData and C:\Windows are hidden by default. If you don't see them, you can paste the directory into the Windows Explorer Address Bar, or set Windows to show hidden items with this walkthrough.
Next, reboot your computer. Until a reboot is done, the "cbfs6.sys" driver (please right click to rename if unable to delete) will still be running in memory and will block the installation.
Download a fresh copy of the installer by going to https://jungledisk.com/home/downloads/
On this page, select the software/service package you want to download and when you find the download link that corresponds to your operating system, right-click the link to and choose "Save as...", rather than running it directly from your browser's cache by single-clicking it. Save the file somewhere easy to access (like your Desktop).
Disable your antivirus/firewall temporarily
- If using Microsoft Security Essentials, go to Settings > Real Time > uncheck the box at the top to disable real time protection. The MSE icon should turn red to indicate it's off.
Then run the installer on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, be sure to enable your antivirus again! It's very important to keep your computer safe with Antivirus during normal use.
- Adjust your antivirus settings by following the steps on this page (link).
If the install repeatedly fails and you need a log...
Use the following directions in place of of Step 6.
Open a command prompt window (Start > Accessories > Command Prompt) and use this command to run the installer with logging enabled (this path is assuming you saved the installer to your desktop and please note that this command is case-sensitive):
msiexec /i [absolute path to installer] /L*v [absolute path to log file]
- [absolute path to installer] would be the full path of your installation file.
- [absolute path to log file] would be used to define the folder/filename you want to save your log data into.